Came across this really cool format / weekly posting from Ralph at ForTheLoss.org and thought I should start posting updates in the same style! So here is official update #1 under the Game Updates category. So far most of the project has been done at a very fast paced, except for when play testing / balancing / polishing is done, which I’m very meticulous about. Mike has shown a promising first sketch, and I’m excited as to what he dishes out for the menu screen. Total development time is ~35 hours in.
- All weapons are finished.
- Parallax background and screen movement finished
- Main hero functional
- Score counter functional
- Main zombie template finished.
- Blood particle effects implemented, and randomized from 1 of 3 graphics.
- Kill particle effects finished.
- Kill Streak (combo counter) function implemented and running.
- HUD is functional and ready for connection to the ammo count, health, kill streak, etc.
- Make Kill Streak perks fully functional. Chopper Gun, Dog of War, Airstrikes, etc.
- Finish power up crates, randomization, and unlockable weapons
- Finish level 2 ammo counts for weapons
- Balance / Playtesting / Polish
Green zombies are placeholders for the next enemy type, soon to be inserted.
That’s all for now. Looking to get this shipped as soon as possible, a mock up is already prepared for the next project. One after the other, looking for that big break! Also going to be looking for a voice actor soon, possibly on newgrounds since there’s a bunch of talent there.
That’s all for now!